"Matthew 28:20 Teaching them to observe (do) all things whatsoever I (Jesus Christ) have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. 2 Corinthians 7:1 ... dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God."
I am a retired pastor of
the Church of God (Tennessee).
My name is Isaac Livingston. I am from Neyyoor India.
Christianity is the biggest religion of the world. John 8:44 and 10:10 say that the devil will just lie and kill through his violent and barbaric religions, and compete Christianity. Further, he enters Christianity, as an angel of light, places his servants as servants of God, and shows himself as God, as it says in 2 Corinthians 11:13-15 and 2 Thessalonians 2:4. The world came inside Christianity and it is polluted. So, present day Christians are not different from worldly people, except they attend churches and a few carry the Bible. Present day Christians are against God, who gives commandments for eternal life. But they love a god (he is Satan), who will neither give commandments, nor allow others to obey God. It causes eternal damnation to Christians. Let us study the commandments of God. If you are a true Christian, you will love it. If you are a fake Christian, you will hate it. Anyhow, let us continue.
Jesus Christ says that our righteousness must exceed the righteousness of religious leaders, to enter the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 5:20 says: "For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven." If Jesus Christ has said this, then nobody can make this requirement void. Further, God will not contradict himself, but Satan twist scriptures, and so, we must be careful and vigilant.
We saw that we can love others, fulfill the commandments of God and live with no sin in our life. Ecclesiastes 12 says: "13) Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. 14) For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil." Revelation 22:14 says: "Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city." Those who obey God, will enter into the kingdom of God.
(1) Jesus Christ says in Matthew 7:21: "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven." So, we must do the will of God the Father to enter the Kingdom of God. What is the will of God? 1 Thessalonians 4 Says: "3) For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication: 4) That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour; 5) Not in the lust of concupiscence, even as the Gentiles which know not God:" It is to live a holy life obeying God.
(2) Jesus Christ says in Matthew 18:3: "And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven." What is to become as little children? We were born as babies and now grown ups, in the flesh. We must be born of the spirit and become babies again to God. Then as babies we must grow by drinking the milk, the word of God, and become the spiritual children of God.
(3) Jesus Christ says in Matthew 19:23 "Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven." This is a strange and controversial statement. Christians say that to be rich is the blessing of God and they praise God for the riches. But, Jesus Christ says that it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. So, think about it.
(4) Jesus Christ says in Matthew 23:13 "But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in." Jesus Christ called the leaders of the church as hypocrites, and said that they are the ones caused the kingdom to be shut against the people. The situation have not changed even today.
(5) Jesus Christ says in Mark 9:47 "And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:" Plug out the eyes is a figure of speech. Yet Jesus shows the importance of pulling the sins out of us. Romans 6:6 says: "Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin." Here it says that the old sins must be destroyed as we become the new spiritual children of God, and we should not serve sin any longer. Romans 8:13 says: "For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live." Again, the roots of sins from us must be destroyed.
(6) Jesus Christ says in John 3:5 "Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God." Here, born of water means to be born of the word of God. After we are born of the spirit as a baby, we must study and live by the word of God and must become the sons of God. Then we can enter the kingdom of God. You may read this link to read: "Born Again."
Christians generally have confidence or in peace to go to heaven. Usually they will not study the Bible. Even if they study the Bible, they buy a Study Bible, which is written by a famous person. So, they study his notes as the Bible. Or, they hear the preachers, and take their preaching as the word of God. So, practically no Christian knows the word of God. They are totally ignorant, but they think that they know it all. So, they are easy prey to the devil, who is Satan. He will not come as a scary monster, but always comes as pleasure, convenience, comfort, luxury, prestige, easy money, status in church, loves to be hypocrite, loves to be praised by others, deceive and exploit others, etc. Satan has a sneaky way of coming into a person. Those who love any of these, are already victims to Satan. They will not look at sin as the poison that kill their eternal life, but as a little breach that God will not mind. But it is not so.
1 Corinthians 6 says: "9) Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10) Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God." Those who have these sins will not go to heaven. It is scripture.
Galatians 5 says: "19) Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20) Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21) Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God." Those who have these sins will not go to heaven. It is scripture.
Ephesians 5 says: "3) But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; 4) Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks. 5) For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. 6) Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. 7) Be not ye therefore partakers with them." So, don't be sinning.
We must obey God. 2 Thessalonians 1 says: "8) In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: 9) Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction ..." Galatians 6:7 says: "Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap." Believe on Jesus Christ, is not to believe many things about him, but to believe what Jesus Christ has preached, and it is recorded in the Bible for us to obey, so that we may inherit eternal life.
It is not wise for a high school student to look at a project outline of a postgraduate, to be overwhelmed and give up his studies. Instead, he must concentrate on what is given him, so that he graduates high school before he gets into graduate studies. Luke 16:10 says: "He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much." Matthew 25:21 says: "His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord." Proud believers think that they know it all and they become prey to deceivers. Galatians 3 says: "24) Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. 25) But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster." Let us begin with easy things first. Then, move into obey the law of God, even the Ten Commandments. Let the obedience of the law bring us to the law of the spirit, which is higher, which is of Jesus Christ. Then we will be under the commandments of Jesus Christ. Then we will be sons of God to inherit the kingdom of God. We may even become Joint-heirs with Jesus Christ. Here, the caution is, that false preachers lead babes into the clichés of faith, but not with life. That is fake faith, and it will end up in shipwreck. Please do not follow fakes.
If any point needs explanation,
if you find an error according to scripture,
Please write to me in the 'Mail Box' below.
If any point needs explanation,
if you find an error according to scripture,
I will reply promptly. Thanks.
God Bless You